Monday, September 19, 2011

First Day of School

Well, it is official. My babies are now both full day schoolers! School started August 24th, but it wasn't until the next Monday that it was officially Rebekah's first day. The house is much quieter and miraculously, much cleaner these days, without both of them here during the day. I'm getting caught up on back-logged paperwork and trying to devote more time to scrapbooking and my scrap-4-hire business. I'm really loving this. I have some people who almost gasp when I tell them I'm not one of those moms who cries when her kids go to school. I'm cheering on the inside...and okay, so if I'm brutually honest, sometimes I'm even cheering audibly. But the way I look at it is that I was BLESSED to be able to stay home with them for the first 5+ years of their lives. I spent 24/7 with them, training them and raising them up to be able to be bright, independent children who were ready to go to school. So when that time comes, it shouldn't be a sad thing. It's just the next step and if I've done my job right, then I can let go with confidence. In someways it's more work now then when they were home all day. I have to pray for them and their friends, for God to protect their minds and their hearts from anything evil that might hurt them. For their teachers and for me...that we can encourage, teach and grow along with them. But I know that they are exactly where they are meant to be...so I say "Yeah! It's the first day of school." Let the school year begin.

No comments:

.