Monday, March 23, 2009

Day trip to Alyeska




So I haven't been skiing in probably 15 years, but this past weekend my in-laws kept the kids so that Chris and I could go skiing at our local resort. It was such a beautiful day and we had such a blast. The gear has changed so much since the last time I went. I was able to stay in much more control and only fell twice towards the end of the day, simply because I'm a wuss and am OUT OF SHAPE and couldn't control my speed. Our friend Scott Sexton went with us and he took these pictures. Afterwards we splurged and went out to eat at a little restaurant in Girdwood called the Double Musky. They were featured as having one of the best steaks by Jill Cordes on the travel channel. Great cajun cuisine...it was a special, albeit spendy treat after a day on the mountain.


No comments:

.