Sunday, June 20, 2010

More photos from Hawaii

So I thought I'd share a few more photos from our trip to Kauai. The kids each had their own rolling totes to carry all their coloring books, leapster games, and other items to occupy them during the 6 hour flight. Thomas sat with Chris and I got the girl. Although a little fidgety, they both did well and I saw lots of glances and smiles as they were walking through the airport. They did look pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.

We left June 4th and flew direct to Honolulu. Stayed the night there and then flew into Lihue on the morning of the 5th. We couldn't get into our unit until that afternoon, so we shopped and picked up life vests & the boogie board at Wal-Mart, stopped at the big farmer's market in Kapa'a and ate lunch. The kids were SO excited to get into the pool that it about drove us crazy. Our unit wasn't ready on time so we had to wait around for an extra hour before getting into it, then unpacked and finally allowed the kids to visit the pool. I thought they were going to go beserk when I told them we were FINALLY headed to the pool. The Bali Hai Villas have a great pool set up. This is the newest pool (they are re-doing the original) so they'll have 2 and this site will also eventually house the fitness center at the top of the hill (just out of the picture frame).

The pool is never deeper than 4 feet and there's a sandy wading pool/water spray with a rock wall separation to the main pool. There were two hot tubs, one right next to the shallow end of the pool that my kids loved to sit in and plenty of seating.


We spent some time in the pool almost every day. The 2 private swim lessons I had the kids take right before we left paid for themselves. Thomas gained some confidence which I'm sure is a good part of why he was able to snorkel and Bek's said that the pool was her favorite thing from our trip. Well that and the ice cream. But more about that on another post.

No comments:

.