Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Enjoy the gift of an ordinary day!

So a friend posted this on her blog and I was so touched by it I wanted to share it on mine too. I for one am one of those women who takes these everyday moments for granted...who is always in a rush for the day to end and who takes too much time taking care of those things that can wait, like the dishes or the laundry. And yet when I heard this it made me ponder....Thomas turns 7 on Sunday and I can hardly believe it; looking back it seems just like yesterday that we were crying and praying at Legacy Emmanuel Hospital in Portland. That this little man was just a tiny baby who we felt so blessed to have. The sweet, chubby, clingy child who hated to be parted from me...has turned into a more independent, confident, lean boy who loves to play the Wii and computer. Who is now capable of reading early chapter books like Magic Treehouse, is bright and well liked at school...and who is slowly pulling away from his mommy and is turning to his father. So as we approach Mother's Day...may we all be reminded of this message. I definitely needed this reminder of just how PRECIOUS an ordinary day can and should be. And it gave me a glimpse of what my ordinary days might be like in just a few years. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

1 comment:

Dalon said...

I'm so glad you shared this site Kari! We took a day "off" yesterday to share it with family and friends - no chores, no "to do" list, just play and relax. It was so worth it. And it made me see the little things so much more clearly. ;-)

.